1994 - 2002: Transformation projects
Customer: EY Parthenon, Eschborn, Germany Tasks:
Partner, Strategy & Transaction Group (2007 ? 2022)
Provide guidance and direction to team of 10 process experts responsible for leading engagements with C-suite executive teams to oversee end-to-end design and delivery of transformational projects for large listed, family owned, and private equity portfolio companies alike. Review existing systems, processes, and policies to identify and seize opportunities to improve productivity, reduce operational overhead, and enhance delivery of service. Establish, foster, and maintain open lines of communications to ensure comprehensive understanding of organisational needs and facilitate timely delivery of programme requirements.
- Promoted to position after successful 10-year tenure in transaction advisory, completing more than 50 due diligence assignments for international financial investors.
- Succeeded in orchestrating full implementation of process optimisation projects across a large range of industries, including automotive, healthcare, pharma, advanced manufacturing, e-commerce, FMCG, energy, and media.
- Served as trusted advisor to clients in need of direction on supply chain finance programmes; reviewed key processes, identified potential constraints, and tailored provider selection to meet specific objectives, priorities, and requirements.
- Led institution of market-conform payment terms policies that included internal and external benchmarking processes, supplier risk assessment, negotiation strategies, and internal training activities.
- Performed transactional data analytics and process mining to quantify cycle times in accordance with O2C process.
- Enabled standardisation of terms and conditions that responded adequately to customer size, risk profile, and sales channel specifics.
- Accredited with devising innovative credit management concepts that bridged financial risk and sales opportunities.
- Launched effective collection management process rooted in segmented strategies that provided clear guiding principles, workflows, and stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
- Oversaw design and implementation of a comprehensive working capital reduction programme for a German listed advanced manufacturing company, achieving ?550M cash release in just 12 months.
- Increased cash flow to more than ?1B over two years in delivery of working capital programme for a listed power and utility company.